mrcymndz

I started doing home healthcare in January of this year. Will I be able to claim my millage on my taxes?

AlanT

If you are self-employed, you will be able to deduct your mileage going to and from your clients' homes.  If you work for an agency and will be a W-2 employee, you will not be able to deduct the mileage.  

Will you be receiving a W-2 from a healthcare agency or are you an independent contractor?  
mrcymndz

Yes. The agency said I could deduct my millage and to keep track but I want to know for sure, if this is true.  Iv'e also heard the laws have changed this year
mrcymndz

I'm very confused about everything.

As TurboTax Alan states below--if you are a W-2 employee then you will NOT be able to deduct anything for mileage.  Job-related expenses are not deductible for W-2 employees.  Better talk about that with the employer.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...>
AlanT