To enter the sale of your main home in TurboTax:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in, click Take me to my return, then click Pick up where I left off.)
- Click My Account (top right of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the search bar, type sale of home.
- In the results box, highlight sale of home, then click GO.
- You'll land on Sale of Your Main Home. (Click the screenshot below for reference.) TurboTax prompts, Did you sell or have your home foreclosed in 2016? Click Yes.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete this section. Note: If you received a Form 1099-S for the sale, you'll be able to indicate this in TurboTax.
Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function (instead of "My Account") to search for the topic.Is the money I made from a home sale taxable? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300213
June 5, 2019 10:35 PM
Still have questions?Make a post