Solved: I sold a house with joint ownership. When I enter...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tennistats

I sold a house with joint ownership. When I enter information in TurboTax I enter the normal stuff, but there is not a place that asks my % ownership? Where is this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

I sold a house with joint ownership. When I enter information in TurboTax I enter the normal stuff, but there is not a place that asks my % ownership? Where is this?

There will not be a question regarding percentage of ownership.  You will have to calculate your percentage of the gross receipts and basis on your own.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

There will not be a question regarding percentage of ownership.  You will have to calculate your percentage of the gross receipts and basis on your own.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

tennistats

Thanks. I figured there would be because there is a somewhat similar situation with interest. On interest it asks if the amount you are entering differs from the interest statement and if so why. That is why I was somewhat baffled. Cheers.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings