turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kamohai

I rent a property and am involved in making all decisions and spend more than 750 hours, do I qualify as a real estate professional a year

I am the VP of real estate  and manager for the largest landowner in Hawaii and own rental property that I manage, do I qualify as a real estate professional

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Carl
Level 15

I rent a property and am involved in making all decisions and spend more than 750 hours, do I qualify as a real estate professional a year

Just do clarify, do you pay rent for property, or do you own property that you rent out? Saying "I rent property" can go either way. So you need to clarify.  
Does rental property income provide more than half of your taxable income? How many rental properties do you own? I have 3 myself, and find it absolutely impossible to spend more than 750 hours a year directly involved with it. Maybe you are a certified realtor or real estate agent? Need to be more specific. A farmer is "directly involved" in real estate. But that does not qualify them as a real estate professional.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies