I refinanced my house and got a tax document on th...

I refinanced my house and got a tax document on the new mortgage. I never received anything on the previous loan. What can I do to deduct the interest and taxes I paid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

wait.  such documents do not have to be issued until 1/31.     there is some key info you'll need for the 1098 for the previous mortgage.  

You should receive a tax document from the financial institution that held your mortgage before you refinanced.  They actually have until January 31 to issue the tax document, so wait a bit longer.  If you don't receive the document within the first week of February, contact the former mortgage company for assistance.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***