I refinanced my house and got a tax document on th...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I refinanced my house and got a tax document on the new mortgage. I never received anything on the previous loan. What can I do to deduct the interest and taxes I paid.

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I refinanced my house and got a tax document on the new mortgage. I never received anything on the previous loan. What can I do to deduct the interest and taxes I paid.

wait.  such documents do not have to be issued until 1/31.     there is some key info you'll need for the 1098 for the previous mortgage.  

Level 15
Level 15

You should receive a tax document from the financial institution that held your mortgage before you refinanced.  They actually have until January 31 to issue the tax document, so wait a bit longer.  If you don't receive the document within the first week of February, contact the former mortgage company for assistance.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings