billygkat

I received compensation for work done outside the country, the company will not provide a W2 or foreign equivalent, how do I record that income ?

MargaretL

You can enter foreign income without any forms, actually. It has special data entry and it accounts for all situations of foreign income.

To enter worldwide/foreign income in Turbo Tax:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income 
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Foreign Income and Exclusion - Answer “Yes” to “Did you make any money outside the United States?” and follow the interview questions. You will be asked to enter income from a U.S company, a foreign company, self-employment income, housing allowance, income from a Form W-2, 1099-MISC, schedule K-1 from a business or simply cash income - check the box A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash).

MargaretL

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income 
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income

billygkat

Thank You
MargaretL

My pleasure, good luck in 2017!