Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

billygkat

I received compensation for work done outside the country, the company will not provide a W2 or foreign equivalent, how do I record that income ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

I received compensation for work done outside the country, the company will not provide a W2 or foreign equivalent, how do I record that income ?

You can enter foreign income without any forms, actually. It has special data entry and it accounts for all situations of foreign income.

To enter worldwide/foreign income in Turbo Tax:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income 
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Foreign Income and Exclusion - Answer “Yes” to “Did you make any money outside the United States?” and follow the interview questions. You will be asked to enter income from a U.S company, a foreign company, self-employment income, housing allowance, income from a Form W-2, 1099-MISC, schedule K-1 from a business or simply cash income - check the box A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

You can enter foreign income without any forms, actually. It has special data entry and it accounts for all situations of foreign income.

To enter worldwide/foreign income in Turbo Tax:

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Select Wages and Income 
  3. Scroll down to Less Common Income
  4. Select Foreign Income and Exclusion - Answer “Yes” to “Did you make any money outside the United States?” and follow the interview questions. You will be asked to enter income from a U.S company, a foreign company, self-employment income, housing allowance, income from a Form W-2, 1099-MISC, schedule K-1 from a business or simply cash income - check the box A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash).

billygkat

Thank You
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

My pleasure, good luck in 2017!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies