Solved: I paid my daughter's moving expenses to a new job greater than 50 miles from home. Can I deduct?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid my daughter's moving expenses to a new job greater than 50 miles from home. Can I deduct?

My daughter recently accepted a job out of state.    My wife and I paid her moving expenses including Uhaul rental, fuel, hotel stay, and tolls.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I paid my daughter's moving expenses to a new job greater than 50 miles from home. Can I deduct?

Unfortunately, you can't deduct these expenses -- there no provision for it under the law.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Unfortunately, you can't deduct these expenses -- there no provision for it under the law.

View solution in original post

Level 9

The deduction of moving expenses was removed by the Dec 2017 tax reform.  Only military can deduct moving expenses under the new law.

That is what it looked liked but I wasn't sure.  Thank you.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings