Solved: I paid for new solar equipment in 2019 and 2020 ( ...

I paid for new solar equipment in 2019 and 2020 ( a deposit and then final payment) - do I split the payment ?

I paid for new solar equipment (battery backup) in 2019 and 2020 ( a $1000 deposit in 2019 and then final payment in 2020) - do I split the payment into each year, or allocate the whole purchase to one year or the other?

Thanks for your help!

No.  The credit is claimed as of the date the system is fully installed and placed in service. 

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**