tpullen

I own a trailer that is in park where I pay lot rent. I installed solar panels, can I claim energy credit?

HelenaC

Yes, if this is your residence or second residence. The credit is only available for improvements you make to your residence and applies to a second residence as well. See Federal Tax Credit for Solar Energy.

To add this form to your tax return:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for this exact phrase including the comma and spaces: 5695, residential energy credit
  3. Select the Jump to link in your search results.
  4. At the bottom of the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, answer Yes, then select Continue.
    • To delete the 5695, answer No, select Continue, and then answer Yes on the following screen to confirm the deletion.
  5. Follow the instructions to enter your energy-saving improvement costs.

HelenaC

To add this form to your tax return: