Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

b-redd

I over funded my hsa in 2017 but had my bank remove the excess funds last month. TurboTax asks how much I put toward my hsa; do I list the original or corrected amount?

LisaBr

You will indicate the original amount since that is reported to the IRS. 

Then you will come to a question asking you if you overfunded your HSA.  You will answer Yes. 

After that TurboTax will ask you how you plan to remove it prior to tax deadline and you will answer that it has been done.  This will exempt you from the penalty.

LisaBr

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~