kan-978

I need to disclose Tax treaty exemption amount on line 21 in Form1040. How I can do it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LinaJ2018

To enter the tax exempt amount in TurboTax online program, here are the instructions:

1.  Report your full income under the appropriate section. Then enter the treaty exempt amount as negative amount (e.g.          -5000) under Federal Taxes / Less Common Income / Miscellaneous Income 1099A, 1099C / Other Reportable                 Income

2.  Download and fill in a Form 8833 from IRS to claim an exception.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8833.pdf

3.  You cannot e-file.  You can still use the TurboTax program to prepare your tax forms, but you need to print them out            and submit by mail along with the form 8833. 

Files with 8833 need to sent to TX IRS (instead of local IRS)?