turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm an American living outside of the US. I'm trying to sign up for the stimulus payment but I don't have a US address. How do I proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I'm an American living outside of the US. I'm trying to sign up for the stimulus payment but I don't have a US address. How do I proceed?

The IRS will mail you a check to your address for the stimulus funds if you have filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return.

I didn't file in 2017 or 2018. I don't have to file taxes for 2019 or 2020. My address has since changed from when I last filed. 

@tinamariejohn2 wrote:

I didn't file in 2017 or 2018. I don't have to file taxes for 2019 or 2020. My address has since changed from when I last filed. 

You can register for the stimulus payment here - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Thank you. I am signing up there. However, I reached the part for the address and it says: 

Note: You must have a U.S. address in order to register

Again, I am an American living OUTSIDE the US. I don't have a US address. No P.O. Box. I'm not rich enough to maintain a home inside the US while living abroad. 

@tinamariejohn2 wrote:

Thank you. I am signing up there. However, I reached the part for the address and it says: 

Note: You must have a U.S. address in order to register

Again, I am an American living OUTSIDE the US. I don't have a US address. No P.O. Box. I'm not rich enough to maintain a home inside the US while living abroad. 

Sorry, don't have an answer for you.  Will ask around but this being the weekend probably will not get any info.  

Manage cookies