Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

whitneyid

I live in GA I have a 2016 car I wrote in the car registration fee section what it says on the form. Its a real large number it says total fees paid 119450.

I live in GA I have a 2016 car I wrote in the car registration fee section what it says on the form.  Its a real large number it says total fees paid 119450.  When I wrote that my state refund jumped up almost $800.  I want to make sure I'm not putting in things wrong then end up having to pay back a lot of money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I live in GA I have a 2016 car I wrote in the car registration fee section what it says on the form. Its a real large number it says total fees paid 119450.

Ok ... so your car must be the presidential limo if your annual fees on that are $119,450.00 !!!  I really think you missed a decimal point or comma ... please review your entries in that section.

OK you know you really did not pay One Hundred Nineteen Thousand, Four Hundred Fifty dollars to register your car, right?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

• Georgia 

Vehicles purchased on or after March 1, 2013 and titled in this state will be exempt from sales and use tax and the annual ad valorem tax. Instead, these vehicles will be subject to a new, one-time title ad valorem tax that is based on the value of the vehicle.  The new Title Ad valorem Tax (TAVT) is not deductible as personal property tax for Federal or Georgia purposes. In order to be deductible as a personal property tax, it must be imposed on an annual basis, assessed on a valuation basis (percentage of value).

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies