I live in GA I have a 2016 car I wrote in the car registration fee section what it says on the form. Its a real large number it says total fees paid 119450.

I live in GA I have a 2016 car I wrote in the car registration fee section what it says on the form.  Its a real large number it says total fees paid 119450.  When I wrote that my state refund jumped up almost $800.  I want to make sure I'm not putting in things wrong then end up having to pay back a lot of money.

Ok ... so your car must be the presidential limo if your annual fees on that are $119,450.00 !!!  I really think you missed a decimal point or comma ... please review your entries in that section.

OK you know you really did not pay One Hundred Nineteen Thousand, Four Hundred Fifty dollars to register your car, right?

• Georgia 

Vehicles purchased on or after March 1, 2013 and titled in this state will be exempt from sales and use tax and the annual ad valorem tax. Instead, these vehicles will be subject to a new, one-time title ad valorem tax that is based on the value of the vehicle.  The new Title Ad valorem Tax (TAVT) is not deductible as personal property tax for Federal or Georgia purposes. In order to be deductible as a personal property tax, it must be imposed on an annual basis, assessed on a valuation basis (percentage of value).

Scruffy Curmudgeon
PFFM, IAFF, Locals 718 & 30, retired firefighter/medic; university faculty - Strategy & Quantitative Methods Med-M&M, Law discriminatory statistics, Med & PH - epidemiology statistics;
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3
-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------No Not an Intuit Employee - Just donating my time