makins3

I live in a RV trailer that I bought in 2015. I do not own a house. Can I use the RV on my Tax return? If so please tell me all the specifics.

What information will I need and where do I put it?

jerry2000
Alumni

You can deduct property tax, either real estate property tax or personal property tax on your home, and you can deduct mortgage interest if you have a mortgage. But you can't do that using the free edition of Turbotax. Those are itemized deductions and the free version does not support itemized deductions. Further, itemized deductions provide no tax benefit until all of them added together are more than your standard deduction.
2016 Standard Deduction
Taxpayer under 65, not claimed as a dependent
$6,300 for Single
$12,600 for Married Filing Jointly, or Qualifying Widow(er) with dependent child
$9,300 for Head of Household
$6,300 for Married Filing Separately
For over 65 or blind, add $1,250 for each instance or add
$1,550 each instance if single and not a surviving spouse.

jerry2000
Alumni

2016 Standard Deduction
$6,300 for Single
$9,300 for Head of Household
$6,300 for Married Filing Separately