Solved: I just got an HSA starting in February. Can I contribute money for last year (before April 15)? I had an eligible high deductible plan all last year.

I just got an HSA starting in February. Can I contribute money for last year (before April 15)? I had an eligible high deductible plan all last year.

I did not have an HSA until February of 2018.  But now that I have this new account, can I deposit money for the 2017 tax year and get the deduction on my 2017 taxes?   I had a high deductible insurance plan all last year, but no HSA.  

Yes.  The deadline for making an HSA contribution for 2017 is April 17, 2018.

Be aware, though, that distributions from your HSA can only be applied to medical expenses incurred after the establishment of your HSA.  You won't be able to reimburse yourself from the HSA for any medical expenses incurred prior to February 2018.