mschalip

I just filed my 2018 tax return, but just realized that your system never asked me about my mortgage interest. Is that a problem? Why didn't it ask?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dougbone7

I am not with intuit but you can submit a change to it after it all clears

Did you get the Standard Deduction or Itemized Deductions on schedule A?  Will it make a difference?  

Do you think you will have enough to itemize this year?  This year the Standard Deduction will be doubling so many people will be switching to the Standard Deduction.  And there is a max 10,000 limit (5,000 MFS) of property tax and state taxes "SALT".  And you can only deduct Medical that’s over 7.5% of your AGI.  Also the deduction for job expenses have been suspended.

FAQ on 2018 changes https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return

For 2018 the standard deduction amounts are:
Single 12,000 + 1,600 for 65 and over or blind
HOH 18,000 + 1,600 for 65 and over or blind
Joint 24,000+ 1,300 for each 65 and over or blind
Married filing Separate 12,000 + 1,300 for 65 and over or blind

If it makes a difference you can mail in an Amended return after the first return is fully processed and you get the first refund.