Solved: I have two W-2's from the same employer as a result of my moving from one state to another. Everything is the same except Boxes 15-20. Not sure how to handle this.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have two W-2's from the same employer as a result of my moving from one state to another. Everything is the same except Boxes 15-20. Not sure how to handle this.

States are AL and MA, if that matters.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

I have two W-2's from the same employer as a result of my moving from one state to another. Everything is the same except Boxes 15-20. Not sure how to handle this.

Enter the information as if you received a single W-2, but enter each state's Box 15-20 information on a separate line. 

You'll be preparing a part-year resident tax return in each of the two states.  TurboTax will allot your state withholdings accordingly.

This TurboTax FAQ explains how to file part-year returns:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901227-how-do-i-file-a-part-year-state-return

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 14

Enter the information as if you received a single W-2, but enter each state's Box 15-20 information on a separate line. 

You'll be preparing a part-year resident tax return in each of the two states.  TurboTax will allot your state withholdings accordingly.

This TurboTax FAQ explains how to file part-year returns:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901227-how-do-i-file-a-part-year-state-return

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings