turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rkofsky

I have several years of foreign tax credit carry over but do not see an option to add this in the interview process. How can I add this to my return for 2017?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have several years of foreign tax credit carry over but do not see an option to add this in the interview process. How can I add this to my return for 2017?

if form 1116 is in your return's forms list, open it. go to part III line 10. double click on it and you should be taken to the area where you can enter the carryover information. if it isn't there click on "forms" at the top left. scroll down until you see form 1116 and the click on it to open it. then proceed to part as above. don't be surprised if you have more carryover this year and in future years. any carryover post 2006 expires in 10 years

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

if form 1116 is in your return's forms list, open it. go to part III line 10. double click on it and you should be taken to the area where you can enter the carryover information. if it isn't there click on "forms" at the top left. scroll down until you see form 1116 and the click on it to open it. then proceed to part as above. don't be surprised if you have more carryover this year and in future years. any carryover post 2006 expires in 10 years
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies