aucoin49

I have more than one 1099 and very little mileage for one business and a lot for another. How/where do I enter that?

DulceL

To Enter Vehicle Mileage:

1. In your returnsearch for "Schedule C" on the top right of the screen.

2. Select the "Jump to Schedule C", option.

3. Enter in your business information, if you haven't already (type of self employment work, income, etc). You'll be prompted to enter in your 1099 forms here. Continue entering information on each screen until you get to the screen that reads: "What type of expenses did you have for (job name here)?" Select vehicle and you will be prompted to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc. 

Note: After completing one business entry, it'll allow you to add another Schedule C for your other business.  If you have entered both of your businesses before, please skip to number 4.  

4.  If you've already entered your business information, you'll land on a "Here's your work summary" page after jumping to Schedule C. 

5.  Select "Edit" next to the business you would like to enter vehicle mileage for. 

6.  In the next window, under your Expenses select "Edit" next to vehicle. You will be able to enter mileage, gas, oil changes, etc.

DulceL

To Enter Vehicle Mileage: