I have medical expenses for services that were paid for ahead of time in 2018 (as an account credit), and then used in 2019. In which year can I deduct these expenses?

Since the medical services were actually performed in 2019, you would claim the expenses on your tax year 2019 return, even though they were paid for ahead of time.

According to "What Expenses Can You Include This Year?" in IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses, "You can include only the medical and dental expenses you paid this year, but generally not payments for medical or dental care you will receive in a future year."  

Beginning in 2019, all taxpayers may deduct only the amount of the total unreimbursed allowable medical care expenses for the year that exceeds 10% of their adjusted gross income.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/health-care/can-i-claim-medical-expenses-on-my-taxes/L1htkVqq9"...>