turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

abhimani
Returning Member

I have k1 for my real estate investment. But there was a 1031 rollover. I am not sure how to enter the details in turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I have k1 for my real estate investment. But there was a 1031 rollover. I am not sure how to enter the details in turbotax

If the company issuing the K-1 did a 1031 exchange then it is handled on the company return not on your personal return.  Why are you asking ? 

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@abhimani  adding to the questions raised by @Critter-3 , are you suggesting the following scenario ( and please explain more on this , either way )-- that you ( singly or jointly/partnership ) owned  asset ( such as residential rental property ), then created an entity ( LLC or similar ) under local state law and then did a 1031 like kind exchange ?   The K-1 covers your yearly gross situation ( income, expenses, etc. etc. ) and now you need to recognize this for US tax purposes?    1031 implies the property is in the USA --yes ?  We need details of the entity as it relates to you , your own tax status  etc.   Please 

Namaste ji

pk

@Critter-3 

abhimani
Returning Member

Thanks for the clarification question.  Let me give some more details.

1. In 2020 I invested in a rental partnership 'A'  through an investment firm (for which i have  k1s) for both 2020 and 2021 

2. in 2021 the investment firm did a 1031 rollover of the partnership 'A' to a new partnership 'B'

3.  I have also received the k1 for 'B' for 2021

4. In turbo tax I have entered both the K1 (A and B for 2021).

But now I am not sure how I enter the rollover details and also how to do I enter that partnership 'a' does not exist.  Also I am not sure where and how I find out the basis for A that B that got transferred as the only document that I have is the K1s

thanks in advance for all your help

OK ...

So you enter the K-1 from the A company and indicate it was a final K-1but it was not a sale.  You may want to upgrade to one of the LIVE options to get one on one assistance with this unusual situation. 

abhimani
Returning Member

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies