turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i delete a form (8911) using CD version? I am in "forms" and click 8911 but there is no "remove" option once i click the 8911 form. Help?

I clicked the "forms" tab from the easy viewer tab. I see all my forms on the left pane. I click the 8911 form, but this only brings up the blank form. I dont see an option to "remove" as web support pages suggest. Most refer to the online version. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How do i delete a form (8911) using CD version? I am in "forms" and click 8911 but there is no "remove" option once i click the 8911 form. Help?

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

Here is a link to further assist you if needed- https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894474-how-do-i-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. In the left side bar, select Tax ToolsTools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

Here is a link to further assist you if needed- https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894474-how-do-i-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online

The answer you have is for the online version not the cd. Cd doesn’t have a tools toolbar.
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I have included both the Windows and Mac instructions to cover both versions.

Windows Instructions

Switch to Forms mode.
    In the left pane, select the form you want to remove.
    After the form is generated in the right pane, click the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
    Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

Mac Instructions

Switch to Forms mode.
    In the left pane, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, click Open Form at the top).
    From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
    Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.

Here is the link for more information- <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1969682-how-do-i-delete-a-tax-form-in-the-turbotax-cd-download-sof...>

Carissa. You’re just copying and pasting generic answers. I have searched through that suggestion for an hour last night.  There is no “remove” option once I click the form. I see this suggestion was last edited a year ago, likely with the 2016 ed. Do you think it possible this has changed with the 2017 ed and “remove” is not there or a different location. It is definitely not where these steps take you.
Thanks
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Using TurboTax CD/Download, follow these steps to delete Form 8911:

1. Open your return and select Forms (upper right corner of the screen)
    2. Scroll down Forms in My Return (left side of screen)
    3. Select Form 8911 to open it on the screen
    4. Select the Delete Form button at the bottom left of the screen
    5. Click on Step-by-Step (upper right corner of the screen) to return to the interview screen
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can also contact customer service directly during business hours using this website- <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>
Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday
u-

If you clear all the entries on the form, the form will be automatically removed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies