Leslie1

I have a question about my HSA contributions. My employer contributed some money and I contributed money directly from my paycheck. Do I only report what was contributed

Do I only report what my employer contributed or total contributions?
BMcCalpin

You must report all contributions to your HSA, but read the following:

The amount that your employer contributed and what you contributed through payroll deductions in a salary reduction agreement normally is reported on your W-2 in box 12 with a code of "W". If all your contributions to your HSA were done this way and there is a code "W" on your W-2, then you don't have to report the contributions anywhere else - TurboTax will handle it automatically.

Note that these two amounts (above) are both referred to as "employer contributions" by the IRS. Don't let that confuse you; it's just because they are both treated the same way on your return (these amounts are both pre-tax so they should be removed from Wages in boxes 1, 3, and 5 by your employer when printing the W-2).