turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a dual citizenship US and France, I am resident of France and receive French and US pension Social Security). Should I use Turbotax or Sprintax for filing?

Turbotax does not allow a registration with a French address only. I have used the free one from the IRS link. Should I pay for an other Turbo tax? I think I have the automatic 2 months extension.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
pk
Level 15
Level 15

I have a dual citizenship US and France, I am resident of France and receive French and US pension Social Security). Should I use Turbotax or Sprintax for filing?

Yes , you have the automatic two months extension, being abroad .

As a citizen, you file form 1040 ( supported by Turbotax ) not as a non-resident alien ( form 1040-NR ).

TurboTax does allow foreign address - I would suggest using a downloaded version ( my  personal favorite because it leaves everything on my machine, always available to me AND because it allows me to look at the forms as they filled out -- bad side is it costs  much more than on-line version ) --- you have to choose "foreign address tick box"

Disclosure -- we all are volunteers , not associated with TurboTax and do not derive any benefits financial or otherwise  from TurboTax and/or Intuit

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies