bmccaverty

I have a $640K CA mortgage= $26K interest/yr.Under the new tax law, can I only write off $10K /yr write off?

rjs

Under the new tax law you will be able to deduct the full amount of mortgage interest. The $10,000 limit applies to state and local taxes, not mortgage interest.

The new tax law takes effect for 2018. It does not affect the 2017 tax return that you are filing now.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/2017-tax-reform-legislation-what-you-should-know...>
rjs