turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 2nd property that sold. We carrying part of loan.They are paying interest I have a paper from escrow not a1099 The form is interest income. where do I put it?

I need help as to where to go on my tax form to add interest income? It is not a 1099 form, it doesn't have a number. just says interest income from our escrow company.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

I have a 2nd property that sold. We carrying part of loan.They are paying interest I have a paper from escrow not a1099 The form is interest income. where do I put it?

You as the seller will report interest as ordinary income in the same manner as any other interest income. See Where do I enter Form 1099-INT? Enter the buyer's name as the Payer's name & buyer's SSN and the amount of interest received in Box 1.

You may also enter the interest as follows: 

1. Type 1099-int in the search box and click search.
  2. Click on Jump to 1099-int.
  3. If you already have other 1099-INT forms, select Add another 1099-INT.
  4. On the Let's import your tax info screen, select Change how I enter my form.
  5. On the How do you want to enter your 1099-INT? screen, select Type it in myself.
  6. Enter your interest in Box 1 and any other information and continue.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you report the sale as an installment in the year of sale  or did you report the entire sale that year ?   If you are also receiving installment payments on the principal then you need to  use the form 6252 to report the payments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies