fmccray44

I have a 1098 form of which I obtained from an inheritance, however, I sold the property. how should I file this, if necessary?

Was this for mortgage interest paid ?     If so did you make the mortgage payments?

fmccray44

The interest was paid but not by me.  It was my now deceased grandfather who made the payments.  I am the executrix of the Estate who received the 1098 Form.

It belongs on the final personal return if the person could itemize deductions.  

fmccray44

what is the correct way to itemize it on the deductions?

It goes on the Sch A ... in the TT program that is in the Deductions & Credits section.