• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fmccray44

I have a 1098 form of which I obtained from an inheritance, however, I sold the property. how should I file this, if necessary?

5 Replies
Critter-3
Level 15

I have a 1098 form of which I obtained from an inheritance, however, I sold the property. how should I file this, if necessary?

Was this for mortgage interest paid ?     If so did you make the mortgage payments?

fmccray44

The interest was paid but not by me.  It was my now deceased grandfather who made the payments.  I am the executrix of the Estate who received the 1098 Form.

Critter-3
Level 15

It belongs on the final personal return if the person could itemize deductions.  

fmccray44

what is the correct way to itemize it on the deductions?

Critter-3
Level 15

It goes on the Sch A ... in the TT program that is in the Deductions & Credits section.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v