blakesp2

I have 9100 in childcare expense. 5000 of that paid for from a dependent care FSA. Why can't I claim the additional 4100 @ x% on the child care credit?

This years turbo tax has been very wonky.  I've had to reset forms multiple times to get the calculation to come out right.  I am entering 9100 in for expenses, but turbotax keeps putting in 5000 for expenses in the calculation sheet.  

TaxGuyBill

TurboTax is doing it correctly (assuming you only have one child under age 12).

The Child Care Credit is allowed for the first $3000 of daycare expenses.  You already received $5000 worth of tax-benefits (the FSA), so that 'uses up' the $3000 and nothing is left for the Child Care Credit.

TaxGuyBill