I have 3 1098 forms, as my mortgage changed compan...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 3 1098 forms, as my mortgage changed companies twice during the year. Started in April. Should I leave Box 2 blank for all 3? Only 2 of the forms have box 2 values

2 Replies
Level 15

I have 3 1098 forms, as my mortgage changed companies twice during the year. Started in April. Should I leave Box 2 blank for all 3? Only 2 of the forms have box 2 values

You need to enter all 3 forms as printed in the order they happened and complete all the follow up screens. 

@Critter wrote:

You need to enter all 3 forms as printed in the order they happened and complete all the follow up screens. 

The turbo tax pop-up instructions explicitly said to to leave the field blank if my loan started after  January 1, 2019, which it did.

Was only clarifying because only 1 of my 3 1098 forms had the field blank, even though turbotax says to leave it blank.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings