turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had to purchase some shirts for my job with the store's logo on them. Can I enter this into the area of turbo tax asking about employment expenses related to w2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

I had to purchase some shirts for my job with the store's logo on them. Can I enter this into the area of turbo tax asking about employment expenses related to w2?

Yes.  Just a heads up:  be careful with clothing expenses.  Unless it's a uniform or something with your company's logo on it, the IRS will consider it to be "dual use" (meaning business & personal) and therefore not deductible.  However, if the clothing is some form of necessary "safety gear," then you're probably okay.

Please read TurboTaxChristinaS's response to a similar question: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6119633

To enter/edit your job-related expenses (2106:(

1. Open your return (or continue if open).

2. Type “2106” in Search box (upper right-hand corner of the screen)

3. Click on “Jump to 2106” link.

4. Answer screen interview prompts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomK
Expert Alumni

Yes.  Just a heads up:  be careful with clothing expenses.  Unless it's a uniform or something with your company's logo on it, the IRS will consider it to be "dual use" (meaning business & personal) and therefore not deductible.  However, if the clothing is some form of necessary "safety gear," then you're probably okay.

Please read TurboTaxChristinaS's response to a similar question: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6119633

To enter/edit your job-related expenses (2106:(

1. Open your return (or continue if open).

2. Type “2106” in Search box (upper right-hand corner of the screen)

3. Click on “Jump to 2106” link.

4. Answer screen interview prompts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies