DorianGray

I had to purchase some shirts for my job with the store's logo on them. Can I enter this into the area of turbo tax asking about employment expenses related to w2?

TomK

Yes.  Just a heads up:  be careful with clothing expenses.  Unless it's a uniform or something with your company's logo on it, the IRS will consider it to be "dual use" (meaning business & personal) and therefore not deductible.  However, if the clothing is some form of necessary "safety gear," then you're probably okay.

Please read TurboTaxChristinaS's response to a similar question: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6119633

To enter/edit your job-related expenses (2106:(

1. Open your return (or continue if open).

2. Type “2106” in Search box (upper right-hand corner of the screen)

3. Click on “Jump to 2106” link.

4. Answer screen interview prompts.

TomK

3. Click on “Jump to 2106” link.

4. Answer screen interview prompts.