turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aimeeaa

I got a 1099misc for foreign income earned. Do I put it in the business profit or just in the foreign earned income section?

If I put it both places, then it comes up as double income!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LeeM

I got a 1099misc for foreign income earned. Do I put it in the business profit or just in the foreign earned income section?

You should only enter it as Foreign Income earned. You would not enter it twice. You should go back and delete that 1099-MISC. 

If you only report it as foreign income earned, turbo tax says that there is an error and that you need to report it on schedule C. But when I put it on schedule C as directed by the program, it keeps giving me the same error in the "completecheck to do list". Should I just submit it as is or is there another way to get the program to recognize that I have entered everything correctly.

I did it the way TurboTaxLeeM said to and received a letter from IRS stating schedule c is missing.  I even consulted with live rep who had given same instructions as TuboTaxLeeM.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies