turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Returning Member

i filled out the Foreign tax credit carryovers form and it does not carry over to Schedule 3 and when checking errors it tells me the total forgein tax should not have a value. help ign ta

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

i filled out the Foreign tax credit carryovers form and it does not carry over to Schedule 3 and when checking errors it tells me the total forgein tax should not have a value. help ign ta

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

first FTC carryovers carry to form 1116 line 10.   then a computation is made of allowable FTC on the form line 33. the  allowable credit then goes to schedule 3.     FTC can arise from various 7 types of foreign income and you must have similar income in the current year to be able to utilize the FTC c/o.        for example say the FTC c/o is from passive income - generally foreign dividends interest and royalties.  if you don't have any of this type of income for 2018, you get no FTC just gets carried over until it is either used or expires

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies