Solved: I filled a IS form AFTER I saw they took my return for my husband back child support. I was the only one that had income. How much will I get back? We have 2 kids ourself.

I filled a IS form AFTER I saw they took my return for my husband back child support. I was the only one that had income. How much will I get back? We have 2 kids ourself.

Based on your statement that you were the only person with income reported on the tax return, you should receive the vast majority of your refund if not all of it.  Be aware that it will take several weeks to process it at the IRS.

If you will be in a similar situation for the 2017 tax year, you can file the Injured Spouse form along with your tax return next time instead of waiting to file it afterwards.

Thank you

Thank you