turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filled a IS form AFTER I saw they took my return for my husband back child support. I was the only one that had income. How much will I get back? We have 2 kids ourself.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I filled a IS form AFTER I saw they took my return for my husband back child support. I was the only one that had income. How much will I get back? We have 2 kids ourself.

Based on your statement that you were the only person with income reported on the tax return, you should receive the vast majority of your refund if not all of it.  Be aware that it will take several weeks to process it at the IRS.

If you will be in a similar situation for the 2017 tax year, you can file the Injured Spouse form along with your tax return next time instead of waiting to file it afterwards.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Based on your statement that you were the only person with income reported on the tax return, you should receive the vast majority of your refund if not all of it.  Be aware that it will take several weeks to process it at the IRS.

If you will be in a similar situation for the 2017 tax year, you can file the Injured Spouse form along with your tax return next time instead of waiting to file it afterwards.

Thank you

Thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies