turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmoffitt

I drive a company vehicle from my residence to a field office at a construction site 26 miles from my home. Are these miles considered personal milage and taxable?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I drive a company vehicle from my residence to a field office at a construction site 26 miles from my home. Are these miles considered personal milage and taxable?

If you are a W-2 employee then job-related expenses are not deductible on your federal return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If your company has provided the vehicle for commuting from your residence to the field office, then this is a perk and is only taxable if your company adds it to your W-2 as part of your income.

Manage cookies