turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a mortgage, but we purchased a house and it keeps asking me who my lender is. Where do I go to change that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I don't have a mortgage, but we purchased a house and it keeps asking me who my lender is. Where do I go to change that?

Within TurboTax, on the Deductions & Credits tab at the top of the screen, select the EDIT/Add button for Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance.  The next screen should be a Mortgage Deduction Summary.   On that screen, next to the Mortgage lender that has been created, there should be an image of a Trash Can.  Select the trash can to delete that lender file from your tax return.  

A sample screenshot identifying the Trash Can is attached.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

Within TurboTax, on the Deductions & Credits tab at the top of the screen, select the EDIT/Add button for Mortgage Interest, Refinancing, and Insurance.  The next screen should be a Mortgage Deduction Summary.   On that screen, next to the Mortgage lender that has been created, there should be an image of a Trash Can.  Select the trash can to delete that lender file from your tax return.  

A sample screenshot identifying the Trash Can is attached.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies