na_dean

I did some driving with Uber in 2016, but none at all in 2017. However, I am still considered active on the platform. How should I go about this in the rideshare section?

I used the self-employed service of TurboTax last year to file my return because of the Uber driving that I did in 2016. In the income section, it's asking me for info for the ridesharing business for 2017, but there's nothing to enter, since I didn't do any rideshare driving in 2017. Should I delete the section entirely or should I keep the rideshare section there and enter in all zeros and keep it moving? Technically, I can still go on the Uber platform and take ride requests at any given moment, but just hadn't done any in 2017. 

WillK

To be consistent with your returns since you had a Schedule C last tax year and might have on for 2018, you can file a $0.00 (no income or expenses) Schedule C for 2017. The will let the IRS know that the business is still active, but you did not do anything with it in 2017. 

WillK