• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
na_dean

I did some driving with Uber in 2016, but none at all in 2017. However, I am still considered active on the platform. How should I go about this in the rideshare section?

I used the self-employed service of TurboTax last year to file my return because of the Uber driving that I did in 2016. In the income section, it's asking me for info for the ridesharing business for 2017, but there's nothing to enter, since I didn't do any rideshare driving in 2017. Should I delete the section entirely or should I keep the rideshare section there and enter in all zeros and keep it moving? Technically, I can still go on the Uber platform and take ride requests at any given moment, but just hadn't done any in 2017. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
WillK
Level 9

I did some driving with Uber in 2016, but none at all in 2017. However, I am still considered active on the platform. How should I go about this in the rideshare section?

To be consistent with your returns since you had a Schedule C last tax year and might have on for 2018, you can file a $0.00 (no income or expenses) Schedule C for 2017. The will let the IRS know that the business is still active, but you did not do anything with it in 2017. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
WillK
Level 9

To be consistent with your returns since you had a Schedule C last tax year and might have on for 2018, you can file a $0.00 (no income or expenses) Schedule C for 2017. The will let the IRS know that the business is still active, but you did not do anything with it in 2017. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v