• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveco2002

I contributed $1962 to my HSA and my wife contributed $3400 to hers. Turbotax is saying we have overfunded by $3125. How is this possible?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

I contributed $1962 to my HSA and my wife contributed $3400 to hers. Turbotax is saying we have overfunded by $3125. How is this possible?

Make sure you indicated you both had high deductible health coverage.  If you had HSA contributions shown on your W-2, make sure you didn't enter them again in the HSA section, which would double the contribution amounts.

The Box 12 amount is the combined amount for you and your employer's contributions.

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4788059

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarilynG
Expert Alumni

Make sure you indicated you both had high deductible health coverage.  If you had HSA contributions shown on your W-2, make sure you didn't enter them again in the HSA section, which would double the contribution amounts.

The Box 12 amount is the combined amount for you and your employer's contributions.

Here's more info:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4788059

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
daveco2002

I think i figured it out.  I had initially put something wrong in the "my contributions" part.  When I deleted that number, I didn't put in a 0.  I just deleted it, so it kept putting that amount back in.  Thanks!
Privacy Settings
v