daveco2002

I contributed $1962 to my HSA and my wife contributed $3400 to hers. Turbotax is saying we have overfunded by $3125. How is this possible?

MarilynG

Make sure you indicated you both had high deductible health coverage.  If you had HSA contributions shown on your W-2, make sure you didn't enter them again in the HSA section, which would double the contribution amounts.

The Box 12 amount is the combined amount for you and your employer's contributions.

Here's more info:

MarilynG

Here's more info:

daveco2002

I think i figured it out.  I had initially put something wrong in the "my contributions" part.  When I deleted that number, I didn't put in a 0.  I just deleted it, so it kept putting that amount back in.  Thanks!