wdhughes

I changed jobs 1 1/2 ago i have been trying to sell the house i moved from. Can i write off all expenses from that house? interest, utilities, etc.

No.  If you have two personal homes--whether it is a vacation home and a main home, or a new house and a house you are stuck with--those are personal expenses and not deductible.

If you rent out the home you can deduct expenses against your rental income, but that will have other tax consequences depending on how long it takes you to sell.

Sounds like the house is priced too high for the local market and its current condition.  That's not a tax deduction.

Are you renting it out?
wdhughes

no