• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryan2
Level 1

I cannot find where to enter my Motor Vehicle taxes paid in CT. I can only enter primary residence property tax.

6 Replies
BobB7

I cannot find where to enter my Motor Vehicle taxes paid in CT. I can only enter primary residence property tax.

Are you talking about the itemized expenses on your Federal return?
ryan2
Level 1

No, I'm talking about schedule 3 on my Connecticut state return
BobB7

It only asks that if the tax on your primary residence hasn't already given you the full credit, then it's the next question.

ryan2
Level 1

The credit it shows for my property tax credit is less than the calculated allowance based on my AGI
BobB7

On the the first $200 of property tax is used for the calculation this year.  Look at this year's instructions here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/forms/1-2016/incometax/ct-1040.pdf">http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/form... since your real estate tax exceeded $200, the car tax doesn't change it. See p31 in the instructions for the table to apply to the $200.
ryan2
Level 1

Got it. I was looking at the 2015 form on accident.  The credit decreased by $100 this year.  Thanks for your help!!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v