ryan2

I cannot find where to enter my Motor Vehicle taxes paid in CT. I can only enter primary residence property tax.

BobB7

Are you talking about the itemized expenses on your Federal return?
ryan2

No, I'm talking about schedule 3 on my Connecticut state return
BobB7

It only asks that if the tax on your primary residence hasn't already given you the full credit, then it's the next question.

ryan2

The credit it shows for my property tax credit is less than the calculated allowance based on my AGI
BobB7

On the the first $200 of property tax is used for the calculation this year.  Look at this year's instructions here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/forms/1-2016/incometax/ct-1040.pdf">http://www.ct.gov/drs/lib/drs/form... since your real estate tax exceeded $200, the car tax doesn't change it. See p31 in the instructions for the table to apply to the $200.
ryan2

Got it. I was looking at the 2015 form on accident.  The credit decreased by $100 this year.  Thanks for your help!!