sheriwlynch

I can't remember if we used our HSA this year to pay any medical bills. We have not yet received tax forms for this account. Who distributes 1099 for HSA?

dmertz

If you took distributions from your HSA in 2019 the HSA administrator is required to provide you with Form 1099-SA by the end of January 2020 reporting the amount distributed.  You' must enter the Form 1099-SA into TurboTax and indicate the amount used for qualified medical expenses.

If you have online access to the HSA information then you should be able to see that form if they have it available online  or at least get the amount distributed for your return.