`

I CAN NOT CHANGE THE RESIDENTIAL ENERGY SECTION OF DEDUCTIONS NO MATTER WHAT I DO---HOW CAN I REMOVE THAT CREDIT?

1) open your 2019 tax return.

2) go to the left side of the screen and click on "Tax Tools"   then "Tools"

3)  From the pop-up "Tools Center" menu, select  "Delete a form"

4) Scroll to find the form 5695 and Delete it.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the list and hit the button to "Continue My Return"

That should do it.

To delete Form 5695, Residential Energy Credit in TurboTax see the following:

Hi, This isn’t working for me either no matter what route I take. Did it work for you ? Thanks in advance. 

@Lwilkerson41  

IF you used the form 5695 last year, then you may have a carryover credit for this year.....and need to use that 5695 form when it becomes fully available, in order to use up that credit...no matter how small.