I bought a car in December and paid the registration fee in January. Do I enter the car registration fee?

Unfortunately no, you will only be able to claim car registration fees in the year that the fees were actually paid. Therefore, any deductible car registration fees paid in 2017 will only be allowed as a deduction on your 2017 income tax return.

Also the total amount of your registration fee is not deductible, just the portion that the state charged you for taxes based on the value of your vehicle. This does not include the yearly tag fees but only the Ad Valorem Tax which is a deductible tax added to the tag fee. Please check this link to see if Is your Car Registration Deductible?