• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elenipal

I bought a car in 2018 in California and paid registration fees. When I moved to Indiana I had to pay for Indiana registration fees. Can I deduct both?

I bought a new car in August 2018.  When I bought it, I had to pay California tax and registration fees.  In California, the registration portion is deductible.  When I moved to Indiana in November, I had to apply for registration here.  Indiana allows for the deduction of excise tax.  My question is, do I list these both?  If so, do I list it separately?  Or do I add the two numbers together and claim them all at once since it's the same vehicle?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

I bought a car in 2018 in California and paid registration fees. When I moved to Indiana I had to pay for Indiana registration fees. Can I deduct both?

It doesn't particularly matter, you can enter it either way you're comfortable with.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

It doesn't particularly matter, you can enter it either way you're comfortable with.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v