elenipal

I bought a car in 2018 in California and paid registration fees. When I moved to Indiana I had to pay for Indiana registration fees. Can I deduct both?

I bought a new car in August 2018.  When I bought it, I had to pay California tax and registration fees.  In California, the registration portion is deductible.  When I moved to Indiana in November, I had to apply for registration here.  Indiana allows for the deduction of excise tax.  My question is, do I list these both?  If so, do I list it separately?  Or do I add the two numbers together and claim them all at once since it's the same vehicle?

JohnW15

It doesn't particularly matter, you can enter it either way you're comfortable with.

JohnW15