turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I babysit a child in my home, how do I file that as income

1 Reply
New Member

I babysit a child in my home, how do I file that as income

You will enter your babysitting income in the self-employment section in TurboTax, please take the following steps. 

1)    Sign into TurboTax Online

2)    Continue your return by click Taxes > Tax Timeline > Take me to my return.

3)    Click on the Federal Taxes tab (Personal depending on version)

4)    Click on Wages & Income sub-tab (Personal Income depending on version)

5)    Click Jump to full list or Show all income (if needed)

6)    Scroll down to Self-Employment click on Show more.

7)    Click Start/Revisit next to Income and Expenses.

😎  Follow the prompts to enter in your 1099-Misc, 1099-K, or other self-employment income.

Please see the following FAQ article for additional information. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies