Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marloke

Foreign Tax Exclusion, Overseas trips: I get an error for zero business trip days.

This is more of a warning than a question.

When entering foreign income and specifically trips overseas, be sure to leave the last two fields: days as business trip and $$ earned as business trip blank if the answer to both is 0.

If you enter zero to either field, you will get an error in the verification stage and the turbotax will insist you enter at least "1" to both fields. Leave both fields blank and there will be no error. Apparently "0" is not a valid answer.

I was unable to solve this on a call to support, but when I went back to look at it again I tried entering blank for both and it magically worked. I hope this note saves someone else from having to call in.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
marloke

Foreign Tax Exclusion, Overseas trips: I get an error for zero business trip days.

I answered it in the question text. I mostly just wanted this recorded somewhere in the event someone else ran into the same problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marloke

I answered it in the question text. I mostly just wanted this recorded somewhere in the event someone else ran into the same problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies