I am working as a consultant for a Foreign oversea...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I am working as a consultant for a Foreign overseas company while I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Do I treat myself as an employee or a self employed?

5 Replies
Level 15
Level 15

I am working as a consultant for a Foreign overseas company while I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Do I treat myself as an employee or a self employed?

If the company did not send you a W-2 you are self-employed.

Level 1

In that case does this mean I will have to pay Social security and medicare taxes? If so does anyone know what forms I have to fill out? My first time as Self Employed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

schedule C.    don't know what version of TT you're using  - you may have to upgrade. 

Level 15
Level 15

@salibi1 wrote:

In that case does this mean I will have to pay Social security and medicare taxes? If so does anyone know what forms I have to fill out? My first time as Self Employed.

You will have to pay self-employment tax, which is the Social Security and Medicare tax for self-employed people. When you enter your self-employment income in TurboTax it will fill out all the necessary forms. Schedule C is the primary form for reporting self-employment or business income. Schedule SE will calculate the self-employment tax.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings