Pat12

I am working abroad employed by a non-US based company. Do I need to pay social security tax for foreign income/wages?

DS30

Not if you are considered an employee of a foreign company (being self-employed is a different matter). Just make sure that you are reporting your foreign sourced income under the foreign earned income section.

To enter foreign earned income information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "foreign earned income" in the search bar then select "jump to foreign earned income". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

DS30