Solved: I am trying to claim the Child and Dependent Care credit. If the person that keeps my child doesn't charge me taxes or file the income on her taxes can i still claim the credit?

I am trying to claim the Child and Dependent Care credit. If the person that keeps my child doesn't charge me taxes or file the income on her taxes can i still claim the credit?

Alumni

No. You can claim only the expenses that you actually paid. And you must provide a tax id number for the person/company that you paid. The person that you paid must report the income on their taxes.

Alumni