Solved: I am in assisted living - where do I enter the nursing services fees that I have paid in 2016?

nick4675

I am in assisted living - where do I enter the nursing services fees that I have paid in 2016?

Bsch4477

That is a medical expense deduction on Sch A if you itemize.

Bsch4477

nick4675

Thank you.  When using Turbo tax - what screen to I use to fill in Schedule A?
Bsch4477

Federal>Deductions>enter my own>itemized deductions>medical epenses
nick4675

Thank you, now the State tax form is asking for my rent certificate information - I do not have a rent certificate - I am living in a nursing home.  How do I correct this?
Bsch4477

What state?  Do you pay rent?  Have you asked your facility if they issue certificates?